Monday, September 21, 2009

Pampered Chef Bar Pan

So, in June, I had a Pampered Chef Party. The talk of the town was the "stoneware" and especially the "bar pan."

I hadn't used mine yet. So today I decided to give it a whirl. Supposedly, when you bake brownies in a Pampered Chef bar pan, you don't get those hard edges because the stone cooks at the same speed/temperature the whole way through. You know, when you use a glass dish, the outside heats up much faster and you end up with dry/overcooked corners & edges. So anyway, "Great! No dry edges!" and decided to let this bar pan work its magic.

And, well... I haven't EATEN the brownies yet, so I'm not sure if they're ACTUALLY dry, but........










Do you have a bar pan from PC? does it do what it promises? Am I doing something wrong?

1 comment:

  1. I love my baking stone from PC, and my mom makes this delish double mocha trifle that is a PC recipe and makes the brownies required for it in her stoneware dish, but she uses parchment paper to line it first. I know the PC directions don't call for that but it might be worth a try. I love all my PC stuff!

    ReplyDelete